BIJOU RESORTS AND NEW-YEAR DEALS
The Century Park Hotel on Bangkok's Ratchaprarop Road is offering an "Executive Club Package" from now until April 30 during which period an "executive deluxe" room costs 3,400 baht net per night for single, and 3,800 baht per night for double, occupancy. To avail of this price, a minimum stay of two consecutive nights is required.
The package is inclusive of daily buffet breakfast, 48 hours' use of in-room, high-speed Internet access, personalised check-in and check-out service, English-language newspaper delivered to the room, coffee- and tea-making facilities, two hours' use of the Century Club meeting room, 15 per cent discount at Cafe' at the Park and Roberto Italian Restaurant (food only) and 15 per cent discount on laundry service.
Guests can also enjoy the benefits of the hotel's Executive Club Lounge, namely: afternoon tea between 3 and 5pm; evening cocktails and canape's between 6 and 7:30pm; plus coffee, tea and soft drinks between 6:30am and 9:30pm. For reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02-246-7800 ext 4812 to 4214.
- Ruan Pakkud, Nakhon Si Thammarat , is resort surrounded by lush jungle in Chang Klang sub-district. Guest rooms are built on stilts next to a stream and have a television and private bathroom. Some rooms don't have air-conditioners, but then these are rarely necessary given the comfortably cool weather here. Room rates range from 300 to 500 baht per night. The resort serves up some particularly tasty cuisine; check out the local vegetables on the menu. For more information or reservations, call 081-124-3214.
- Phuket Cyber Inn is a small hotel in Phuket town which offers 24 rooms fitted with an air-conditioner or an electric fan, a mini-bar, a hot-water shower and a TV. Air-con rooms (single or twin-bed) cost 650 baht per night; fan-cooled rooms, 450 baht. Internet, laundry and 24-hour room service is available. For more information, call 076-220-100 or visit http://www.phuketcyberinn.com/.
- Ban Say La, Chiang Mai is a small, seven-roomed guesthouse with an atmosphere very conducive to relaxing. Room rates start from 500 baht per night for a fan room with TV and shared bathroom. Air-con rooms (with private bathrooms) cost between 850 and 950 baht per night. For more information, call 081-930-0187.
- Inthanon Eco Hut, Chiang Mai, is a privately owned resort in Chom Thong district located, behind the headquarters for Doi Inthanon National Park, at kilometre marker 31. All rooms come with hot-water showers; the cheapest, at 600 baht per night, will sleep four. The most expensive accommodation is a three-bedroomed bungalow, big enough for 10 people. For more information or reservations, call 081-881-7346.
- Lanna Resort, Kamphaeng Phet, is a small resort with 12 new, air-conditioned rooms, each with hot-water shower and refrigerator. The 350 baht daily rate covers morning coffee and bread. The resort is in Nakhon Chum, on the opposite side of the Ping River, near the bridge leading to Kamphaeng Phet town. For more information, call 055-798-126, 087-199-1145 or 081-727-7335.
- Hintok River Camp, Kanchanaburi, is a luxurious, safari-style camp where guests are accommodated in comfortable, air-conditioned tents, each having its own private, open-air bathroom with hot-water shower. It is convenient for exploring local attractions such as the Saiyoke Waterfall and Hellfire Pass. A full-board package (inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner) is priced at 2,900 baht per person. For more information, call 02-642-5497 or visit http://www.hintokcamp.com/.
- Tonkhong Guesthouse, Loei, is an easy-going guesthouse next to the Mekong River in Chiang Khan district. Room rates start from 150 baht per night for a one-bed room with electric fan and shared bathroom. The owner can cook very well. For more information, call 085-854-7679 or 042-821-775.
zBhumibol Dam in Tak province, Egat (the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand) runs a guesthouse for travellers who want to relax after exploring the picturesque reservoir here. Room rates start from 500 baht per night for an air-con room with a shared bathroom. A restaurant service is available. For more information or reservations, call 02-436-6047 or 055-599-093 - 7 ext 4001/2.
- Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket is offering a spa package from now until April 16.
The two-night offer includes accommodation in a "superior room", a fruit basket upon arrival, daily buffet breakfast, round-trip airport transfer, one set lunch or dinner, a Full Moon Anti-Stress spa treatment (for adults) and a boat trip to Coral Island (excludes lunch and snorkelling fees).
The package is priced at 9,950 baht for single, and 12,100 baht for double, occupancy. A surcharge of 2,000 baht will be levied from stays between December 20 and January 10. For more information or reservations, call 02-233-3433 or visit http://www.capepanwa.com/.
- Angkhang Nature Resort, Chiang Mai is offering a special, "Follow in the Footsteps of His Majesty" package from now until February 29 (except between December 24 and January 5).
Priced at 2,890 baht per person, the package comprises one night's stay at the resort, three meals and a half-day excursion to Royal Projects around Doi Angkhang. HM the King initiated a crop-substitution scheme in the area under which local hilltribes were weaned off growing opium poppies and encouraged to grow vegetables, fruit, flowers and other cash crops instead. For more information or reservations, email email@example.com or call 053-450-110.
- The Metropolitan Hotel on South Sathon Road is offering a three-hour "COMO Shambhala Urban Escape" spa package until January 10 for the all-in price of 5,000 baht. It includes a "COMO Shambhala" massage, a coffee scrub plus an aromatic facial and cleansing treatment with wheatgrass juice. For more details or reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-625-3355.
Note: Rates quoted do not include service charges or VAT, unless noted. Offers such as room upgrades and late check-out are usually subject to availability.