Saturday, August 16, 2008

THROUGH THE EYES OF A 10-YEAR-OLD

PHOTO BREAK

THROUGH THE EYES OF A 10-YEAR-OLD

YINGYONG UN-ANONGRAK, PHOTO BY TAWIWAT CHARUWAT

Can you believe that this photo was taken by a 10-year-old? When it comes to a caption, however, Tawiwat Charuwat felt he needed help from his mother to write and tell us something about the photo.

"I asked my son about his inspiration and I am quoting him here, word for word: 'I was practicing under the photographic topic of aperture and speed adjustment. The picture is of a leaf with a Canon EOS, setting the aperture at 2 seconds, while holding the camera high and pointing downward.

"'From this angle, I would get the reflection of the leaf, which would render a different image from one taken at eye level. After clicking, I moved my wrist down and then up immediately. That is how I got this visual effect. It is quite similar to the technique used to take pictures of waterfalls in order to get the brushstroke-like visual effect."'

Send your photos in jpeg format to us at: yingyongu@bangkokpost.co.th. Images should be at least 2MB in size. Include your full name, a description of when, where and how you took the picture, and short explanation of why you like it.

No comments: